Accountability is the first in a series of articles about reaching the success you want.
We have ideas. We wouldn’t be entrepreneurs if we weren’t (mostly) chalk full of ideas.
Now…getting it done can be another matter altogether. Even with the best of intentions. Sometimes we just don’t feel like it!
Your personality strengths may help you out… say if your D* is high, you may be very focused on getting the job done – no matter what. (*Look back at your Understanding Personalities class notes).
What if you just don’t feel like it?
What if as many entrepreneurs we often feel like we’re going it alone…
- Maybe our partners in life have never attempted an undertaking like starting or growing a business. They can’t imagine it – because well, they really can’t imagine it.
- Maybe our business partner doesn’t always pull their weight
- Maybe we’re working alone a lot …in our office…in the basement
- Or maybe we’re responsible for a team we may love – but they drive us a little crazy (…or maybe we don’t know quite yet how to let go).
- Going it on your own (even when you are surrounded by others is tough).
Between family, distractions and other stuff that has to get done… it can be tough.
So What Then?
Here are a few strategies to help you get things done:
How good is your self talk?
Many of us have heard of (or subscribed to) Mel Robbins…5..4..3..2..1.. and that may work for some of you. But even the best self-talkers can run into an accountability brick wall !
It may have less to do with your self talk than it does with your commitment to get it done and your motivation.
Accountability partners or groups…
We’re stronger together has always been my guiding principal. It’s one reason why Grow Vantage groups are so important.
Peer mentoring is the other side of coaching.
Why does this help?
- Someone else to hold your feet to the fire,
- Or help you figure out where you’re stuck,
- Or work on a path through.
Accountability groups or partners are a huge factor in your ultimate success… but also in just getting it done week by week, especially when putting our brilliant ideas in place might mean taking 1,000 or 100 steps to get there. (At least it seems like 1,000).
Find an accountability partner – or an accountability group (one reason that Masterminds work so very well if you are willing to receive help to achieve). Of course receiving is a whole other topic.
If you would like my outline for accountability groups… email me at firstname.lastname@example.org… And read on about the Grow Vantage masterminds.