Jean Leggett (Grow Vantage 30) and her husband Blair have raised over $300, 000 in funding to fuel the development of their company, One More Story Games. She has a special bird’s eye view on funding a start-up business from the beginning. Hear about their personal experience and the lessons they learned to help you navigate a sometimes mystifying quest:
She will talk about:
- What they started with – what they were willing to leverage, and their personal investment
- When friends and family came onboard – the beginning of crafting that pitch letter, how they handle that with lawyers, communication with investors
- The challenges of building a biz with other people’s money
- Accessing government funds – the challenges and the successes
- Going through and using Research Innovation Centres like ventureLAB, Henry Bernick, Communitech – what the highlights were and where they drop the ball
- How mentors can effectively help your business
- Building an effective brand for yourself and your business
- “What I wish I knew sooner” – the “fastest path to cash” strategies
Register now for this unique look into the world of funding. A snack will be provided.
Please note: if you have had difficulties with credit card payments – our apologies. When we know we have overcome some PayPal Bureaucracy, we’ll add in that option again. In the meantime, when you register you can select:
- the PayPal option, but instead of logging in – select “Pay with debit or credit card” below the log in box
- or the invoice option and send an electronic transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.