We would like to encourage all eligible small businesses to apply for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant while they are still able to (applications for this grant are open until March 31, 2021). This grant is designed to help small business that were affected by the provincial lockdown measures. Starting at $10,000 for all eligible businesses, this grant will provide businesses with a dollar-for-dollar funding to a maximum of $20,000 to help cover decreased revenue expected as a result of the Provincewide Shutdown. To be eligible for this grant, a small business must:
- Be required to close or restrict services subject to the Province-wide shutdown on December 26, 2020
- Have fewer than 100 employees at an enterprise level
- Have experienced a minimum of 20 per cent revenue decline comparing April 2020 to April 2019 revenues. New businesses established since April 2019 are also eligible provided they meet the other eligibility criteria
As well, while we are in the grey or red zone, businesses may also qualify for the Property Tax & Energy Bill Rebates, which helps businesses struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19. Businesses that are eligible for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant are also eligible for the Property Tax & Energy Bill rebates. As well, businesses are eligible if they:
- Are, or were, required to close or significantly restrict services as a result of being under Control, Lockdown or Provincewide Shutdown in the COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open
- Were required to close or significantly restrict services as a result of being under “modified Stage 2” restrictions in the previous framework.
For more information, please visit: https://www.andreampp.com/support-for-businesses
If you have any questions, or if you require assistance with your application for the supports listed above , please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
In your service,
Andrea Khanjin, MPP
237 Mapleview Dr. E Unit 1
Barrie, ON L4N 0W5