JOB POSTING – PART TIME
Temporary – One year contract, 24 hours per week
Reporting to the Program Director, the Employment Integration Specialist is responsible for providing direct and indirect support to supported individuals to find employment and other opportunities for inclusion in the community. This involves pre-employment planning & facilitation based on personal barriers, developing support agreements, obtaining knowledge of employer expectations in the community, developing training plans to assist supported individuals to learn and retain duties, facilitating natural supports and ensuring ongoing employment success through follow-up activities. Job procurement activities with emphasis on accessing outside organizational resources will also be required to enhance individual employment success.
- Completed post-secondary education in career counselling, social services field or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years work experience with individuals with a developmental disability/dual diagnosis
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment practices
- In depth understanding of the business case for hiring people with a disability
- Proven track record in meeting job placement and competitive employment targets
- Advance communication and advocacy skills
- Basic knowledge of pharmacology and medical terminology
- Valid Ontario driver’s license (G level)
- Training in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- CPR and Standard First Aid
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and week-ends
- Ability to incorporate effective time management skills
- Ability to independently manage a caseload
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit a resume and cover letter to no later than March 18th, 2016:
Emily Alward, Human Resources
Camphill Communities Ontario
- By mail: 7841 4th Line, Angus, ON L0M 1B1
- By Fax: 705.424.1854
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camphill supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Camphill is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Tell us your story as part of the Grow Vantage blog! - February 17, 2017
- Tell us your story as part of the Grow Vantage blog! - August 26, 2016
- The Chamber wants your feedback - July 8, 2016