One of my colleagues from a program in which I participate has been attacked by a landlord and is now having to stay with a friend temporarily. Currently in Ottawa he is prepared to move to any location. Do you know someone who has space that might fit the bill (he can move
A New Place To Live As of May 31, 2022
John Maskell, 613-341-7172
As of 31 May, 2022 I am looking for a new place to live.
I need to move as soon as possible so immediate availability is desirable, but not essential.
I am a single, senior, self-employed professional who works on line and via Zoom from home.
My bare essentials are:
- I am looking for 2 rooms, with private 4pc bathroom and access to kitchen privileges; something such as a small house, in-house suite or apartment, including:.
- A spacious, but not huge bedroom – the second room is for office and work space;
- Excellent office and studio space for creating “on-line” audio/video material and zoom time;
- High Speed Internet access is essential.
- Theoretically, my new community can be anywhere in Canada. Initially, I’m looking in the environs of the following areas of rural Ontario:
- S or SW Ottawa, access via 416 (Manotick, Osgoode, Merrickville, Kemptville, possibly Smiths Falls)
- Preferably I’d like to be close to urban facilities, but not right in an urban community.
- I’d like to live in a natural setting with landscape and water view; having gardens close by is a pleasant extra, which I’d be happy to help out with. I am very capable of, and would be willing to do, light maintenance work.
- Single or double garage, attached or detached, and/or adequate storage space will be a welcome extra.
A medium or long-term house-sitting or cottage-sitting opportunity for absentee owners could be quite an acceptable arrangement.
If you know of any such opportunities, I would appreciate your reference.
- Recognizing National Day For Truth And Reconciliation: A Day To Listen - September 30, 2023
- Food Bank Use Soars In Barrie As Thanksgiving Food Drive In Full Swing Swing - September 30, 2023
- Ongoing Bottle Drive To Support Homeless Individuals: John Howard Society - September 30, 2023