Premier Ford announced help (for the full text – see this link: https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/59788/post-4)
- The government is announcing the new Ontario Small Business Support Grant, which will provide a minimum of $10,000 and up to $20,000 to help small business owners who are required to close or restrict services under the Provincewide Shutdown . Details and applications will open in January.
- Discounted off-peak hydro rates: 8.5 cents for time of use and tiered customers for the 28 days of lockdown in January.
- Parents of students will be eligible for a one-time credit of $200 per child, through the Support for Learners program using direct deposit.
- School children: age 13 to grade 12: Sign up online at: Jan 11- Feb 8th: Ontario.ca/supportforlearners
- Elementary school children (to age 12, or age 21 for special needs) – the portal is open now.
- Elementary will learn virtually until January 11th and many high school students will learn virtually until January 25th.
Latest posts by Patricia Dent (see all)
- Women Positive – this week’s podcast: Imposter Syndrome - May 13, 2022
- 2022 Figures for Rising Employment Costs (courtesy of CFIB & Benefits Survey by Aon) - May 13, 2022
- So… Here is an idea… YouTube as a business - May 13, 2022