These just came out today. Thanks to Andrea Khanjin who gave me a head’s up!
The link is below – but there are conditions – there are two classifications for the grant ($10K – $20K)
- One Set of conditions that includes a drop in revenue from April 2019 – to April 2020 (of 20% or more)
- For startups – there are new conditions to be published today
Starting at $10,000 for all eligible businesses, the grant will provide businesses with dollar for dollar funding to a maximum of $20,000 to help cover decreased revenue expected as a result of the Provincewide Shutdown. The business must demonstrate they experienced a revenue decline of at least 20 per cent when comparing monthly revenue in April 2019 and April 2020. This time period was selected because it reflects the impact of the public health measures in spring 2020, and as such provides a representation of the possible impact of these latest measures on small businesses. Other time periods are available for businesses that may not have been in operation in April 2019 – to be published today (see link)
To receive the grant, a small business must:
- Be required to close or restrict services subject to the Provincewide Shutdown effective 12:01 a.m. on December 26, 2020
- Have fewer than 100 employees at the enterprise level
- Have experienced a minimum of 20 per cent revenue decline comparing April 2020 to April 2019 revenues (or alternate time periods for businesses that were not in operation in April 2019).
- Xcelerate Summit is next week…. get your tickets now! - October 15, 2021
- Can you spread the word? … free Pursue Your Passion Start-up Challenge and Ask For Directions Training launch - October 15, 2021
- Do you need to train your employees? - October 13, 2021