My name is Katherine Parent and I, like you have been making the most of the situation before us. This pandemic has certainly brought to light how important our health is. That’s my thing!
I am a Registered and Certified Nutritional Practitioner and owner of Make Good Choices. 2020 marked my 10th year in business and I’m still working. It’s been a whirlwind of life’s events and having to make some important decisions for the health of my business, the health of me and the health of my loved ones.
I assist women particularly who find themselves in a transition of some sort. They may be experiencing health challenges and not eating well, not sleeping well, caring for a loved one, being there for their grown children and grandchildren. It’s a real energy zapper and a time of looking in the mirror and not knowing where their health and vitality has gone. Learning how to “Make Good Choices” for themselves is a priority and I meet them where they are and assist them with tackling their food first, one bite at a time, and one day at a time. My packages reflect various levels of support however, they all have these elements. Reset, Recharge, Revitalize.
As a business owner, wife, mother, grandmother, daughter & sister I know all too well the various responsibilities that come along with such important facets of my life. If you’re interested in signing up for a program please contact me through my email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also wish to join my FB Business page www.Facebook.com/MakeGoodChoicesCA and
I, along with some others began a support and resource community for those in the “Sandwich Generation.” We have a group FB page www.Facebook.com/BarrieSandwichGeneration. If you are caring for a loved one and would like support and some resources please join the group.
My ideal clients have followed me to the world of Zoom and Skype and phone and my corporate wellness programs and lunch and learns have taken on a world of their own. I’m visiting companies and organizations on FB Live and Zoom to bring health into their environments. Whether it’s nutrition for business or personal the goal is to assist clients in wading through the influx of information and really “Make Good Choices” right then and there.
Here’s a post I made at the beginning of the year that includes some tips around nutrition & wellness. Enjoy and hope to see you all sooner than later in person.
Be well, be safe, and Make Good Choices for a Healthier, Happier You. Katherine.
Top Self Care Tips to start your year:
- Nutrition- start your day off right and drink water, water, and water. I love a combination of hot water, lemon, turmeric, grated ginger & a tiny bit of pure honey. You may opt to add in garlic too if you’re feeling run down. Include good proteins, low GL carbs and good essential fats for every meal and snack. I can assist you with this.
- Exercise- nothing like a good walk everyday as often or as long as you can. Aim for at least 30 minutes of some form of exercise daily. My saving grace is walking every single day no matter what the weather.
- Sleep- It is true what they say about sleep being the one thing that can rejuvenate your stressed adrenals. Aim for 8 hours if you can. Self-care includes sleep. See my self-care monthly planner.
- Attitude- A good attitude is half the battle. Looking at the glass half full rather than half empty helps. Seize each day as a new opportunity for possibilities and smile Get dressed for whatever may come your way and remember you attract what you put out.
- Supplements- As much as we’d like to think we eat healthy, it’s often not enough nutrient absorption that occurs. With consumption of processed foods or intake of caffeine, alcohol and more acidic foods versus alkaline we may be lacking. To support digestion, assimilation and detoxification it’s great to have vitamin and mineral support along with a good probiotic and digestive enzyme. See my dispensary to set up an account for yourself. https://ca.fullscript.com/welcome/kparent
Health and Happiness,
- The Stand Out learning series begins with January 20th with Laura Bainborough (GV37) - January 14, 2022
- Are you looking for a great online course platform? - January 14, 2022
- Letting Managers Manage event - January 14, 2022