To make this work, I am looking for people who are open to connecting and communicating with someone who may have a different belief or opinion on a certain topic. I have included a list of sample topics. If you know someone who feels really strongly about the topic or if you do, please send them my way. There will be a pre-interview process to speak about details and whether they would mind being filmed live or prefer a recorded session.
- Racism: Broad topic but I will see who responds
- Black lives matter versus all lives matter
- Treatment of Indigenous people in Canada
- Historic Monuments their significance and whether they should be stripped and torn down
- Refugees in Canada, are they a detriment to our society
- Immigrants non-white versus white
- Small town Canada vs the city tourists that visit
- LBGTQ for or against again a broad topic I will see how it filters out
- Collingwood versus change
- Fat people discrimination
- Is loving your fat body a detriment to your health
- Homeless people and how they could be supported
- Addicted and Addiction
- Pro-choice versus Pro-life
- Religion, different beliefs, accepting non-Christian traditions in Canada
This is just a sampling, you may have something going on in your community and you want to have someone from the other side to talk it out with because you really want to understand.
This is an evolving mission of mine. It may start out as a Facebook or Instagram style and then become a podcast. I am going to see how the first few episodes go and then go from there.
If you are up for something new and want to have your eyes opened and expanded by people you would normally stay away from then this just might be the kind of chat you are interested in having and I’ll be glad to speak with you.
Our first show will be near to the end of September and I will be doing them at least weekly.
“Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” Stephen Covey
In Love Light and Laughter