Here is the link for Canada.ca (federal) benefits that were listed in the budget that came down. Here is the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/covid19-emergency-benefits.html
The Government of Canada has increased the number of weeks of benefits available for workers eligible for Employment Insurance regular benefits, as well as for the Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB), and the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB). This increase will ensure that Canadian workers who could begin to exhaust these benefits in March will continue to have access to income support while the economy is further recovering.
The Government has also implemented changes to eligibility for the recovery benefits for international travelers who need to quarantine or isolate upon their return to Canada, including people returning from vacation. These changes are retroactive to October 2, 2020.
Not everything was extended: CERB loans and the Canada Emergency Student benefit are closed. Here is current information on alternatives:
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) provided financial support to employed and self-employed Canadians who were directly affected by COVID-19.
Applicants received $2,000 for a 4-week period (the same as $500 a week), between March 15 and September 26, 2020.
- Eligibility criteria – Closed: Applying for CERB with CRA
Who was eligible for the CERB
- Validation of applications: Applying for CERB with CRA
How the CRA may verify your eligibility
- Impact on your taxes: Applying for CERB with CRA
How CERB is taxed and what you need to do at tax time
- Return or repay a payment: Applying for CERB with CRA
How to return a CERB payment and impact on your taxes
- Contact us about CERB
How to contact the CRA with your questions about the CERB
Report a problem or mistake on this pageShare this page
- Xcelerate Summit is next week…. get your tickets now! - October 15, 2021
- Can you spread the word? … free Pursue Your Passion Start-up Challenge and Ask For Directions Training launch - October 15, 2021
- Do you need to train your employees? - October 13, 2021