Join us on April 28th at noon for a group consultation on the factors that women have to overcome in the workforce… whether self-employed, employers or employees.
Why this event?
We’ve heard many voices saying that women have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic. Just as other cracks of inequities have shown up in our systems, our cultural norms and our institutions, women continue to take on a multitude of roles under difficult circumstances driven by the pandemic.
REGISTER FOR THIS FREE EVENT:
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Apr 28, 2021 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0kcOihrj8sG9W6Ic3SAflf7yqmWg48sj8d (you will then receive your zoom link)
We want to do two things with this event:
To bring together women and those who recognize the issues we face, to share our experiences and the barriers to our success, and to imagine solutions that we can seek to implement – in our own lives and to affect policies in our institutions.
More and more, we are hearing that we are stronger together. Let’s prove it.
When: April 28, 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm (if you are really keen, we can talk till 2 pm)
A virtual Idea Exchange is a workshop to compile the experience and struggles of women in their working environments whether employees, self-employed or employers…). 500,000 women who are out of work as a result of the pandemic and 100,000 who are not even bothering to find work. Those who are working – whether as an employee, an employer or a business owner are facing huge economic, social, family and wellness issues. What can we do to make a difference?
We’d like to hear your experience and your ideas
Here is what will happen:
- First we’ll hear experience and observations of people in different fields (see the list of speakers below)
- Then we’ll team up in breakout rooms to discuss and generate ideas to put forward as solutions, led by discussion leaders
- We’ll compile those ideas after the event and make them available.
Here are the people who will lead the discussion
- Host: Patricia Dent (she/her), Ask For Directions Business Training, Grow Vantage, and Past President, Barrie Chamber of Commerce, https://www.linkedin.com/in/patriciadent/
- Rachel Berdan |she/her, Director, Social Innovation | Pillar Nonprofit Network, https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-berdan/
- Dave Hyde, Small Business Centre, Barrie: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davehyde/
- Karen Kessler: Next Level Leader, Triad Group HQ, https://www.linkedin.com/in/karenkessler/
- Paul Markle, Barrie Chamber: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulmarkle/
- Kristen Rayner, Three Thirds Financial, https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristenrayner1/
- Teena Sauve, Botree Inc., https://www.linkedin.com/in/teenapoolsauve/
- Lindsay Tsang, Lindsay Tsang & Associates; https://www.linkedin.com/company/lindsay-tsang-associates
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.