Know a curious 12-16 year old who loves reading, creativity and video games?
One More Story Games is offering several sessions of week-long camps this summer to teach interactive storytelling, digital media & how to code at our week-long camp! Kids leave with a 10-15 minute playable video game & an annual subscription to the software to keep creating.
This one week program is
- for kids aged 12-16
- who enjoy reading and want to create an interactive story game
- who enjoy video games and want to learn the basics of storytelling and coding
- Instruction is in English and ASL (ASL available Mon Aug 22 – Fri Aug 26)
- Maximum 10 students per class, with 2 instructors.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Storytelling basics – what are the nouns of your story – people, place, things, conversations
- What kind of games do you want to make? Are they simple or do they have lots of possible endings? Linear versus branching stories (like Choose Your Own Adventures!)
- Researching media files – get photos and sound effects online
- Learn basic programming skills
- Putting all the pieces of the story together to test and share the story game on the web, Facebook and tablet
Space very limited & subsidies available.
July 25-29, Aug 8-12, Aug 22-26
Hours of camp are 10am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Location: The Creative Space, 12 Dunlop St E, Barrie.
~ ~ ~
For more details, visit
One More Story Games
Grow Vantage 30