A survey from the Development Bank of Canada Survey on Business Resiliency:
Of those businesses who made it through the initial shock of COVID-19, a survey of 1,000 businesses found that businesses who have survived have adapted “furiously” according to the CBC. Here are three highlights of the methods they used to become resilient:
- They adopted new technology practices to be more efficient
- They built up e-commerce and other sales avenues
- They have also found new partners and suppliers (often going to local suppliers – which helps those businesses again).
Banking sources report that some consumers have saved money during this pandemic and they are doing their part to put that money into the economy. As an example, there has been a 27% surge in renovation spending over last year.
- Give you or your business colleagues some local love! - March 3, 2021
- Update from the Barrie Chamber on appeal to move out of lockdown - March 3, 2021
- Barrie is in lockdown…again - February 26, 2021