A survey from the Development Bank of Canada Survey on Business Resiliency:
Of those businesses who made it through the initial shock of COVID-19, a survey of 1,000 businesses found that businesses who have survived have adapted “furiously” according to the CBC. Here are three highlights of the methods they used to become resilient:
- They adopted new technology practices to be more efficient
- They built up e-commerce and other sales avenues
- They have also found new partners and suppliers (often going to local suppliers – which helps those businesses again).
Banking sources report that some consumers have saved money during this pandemic and they are doing their part to put that money into the economy. As an example, there has been a 27% surge in renovation spending over last year.
- 60% off – Only Till Monday at Midnight! - November 27, 2020
- BDC Webinars – one just passed on economic outlook, one coming December 1st on optimizing for online - November 26, 2020
- Update from our Simcoe Muskoka Medical Officer of Health – Business Requirements - November 26, 2020