A survey from the Development Bank of Canada Survey on Business Resiliency:
Of those businesses who made it through the initial shock of COVID-19, a survey of 1,000 businesses found that businesses who have survived have adapted “furiously” according to the CBC. Here are three highlights of the methods they used to become resilient:
- They adopted new technology practices to be more efficient
- They built up e-commerce and other sales avenues
- They have also found new partners and suppliers (often going to local suppliers – which helps those businesses again).
Banking sources report that some consumers have saved money during this pandemic and they are doing their part to put that money into the economy. As an example, there has been a 27% surge in renovation spending over last year.
- Xcelerate Summit is next week…. get your tickets now! - October 15, 2021
- Can you spread the word? … free Pursue Your Passion Start-up Challenge and Ask For Directions Training launch - October 15, 2021
- Do you need to train your employees? - October 13, 2021