Do you know someone who would like to give back to our community?
Sweet Charity raises service dogs to help (primarily) kids who are dealing with diabetes, some of whom alert when kids don’t feel the symptoms of low blood sugar. Their existing Financial Director is leaving the board and they are in need of volunteer help. Do you know of anyone who could help out a great charity?
The role may be able to be split up between someone who is more administrative and someone with accounting expertise. Here is the current outline of the work they need to do. Please contact email@example.com if you can help.
Volunteer Director of Finance
- Great opportunity to develop leadership experience by championing all accounting functions of the charity
- Board experience
- Experience working alongside a variety of experienced/accomplished professionals
- Great opportunity to exercise a cross-function of all accounting skills
- Give purpose to your degree & make a significant impact in the community!
Role Description The Volunteer Director of Finance will:
- Ensure the Charity is compliant with all government reporting requirements, maintain accurate books and records and support all funding and budgeting request.
- Provide financial advice and expertise relating to decision making, strategic planning and budgeting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for recording banking transactions and adjusting entries (AR’s & AP’s) in QuickBooks and maintaining accurate backup for all transactions.
- Responsible for bank deposits, payments to consultants, Visa payments and other ad hoc receipt payments (i.e.: UPS Store)
- Payment of individual expense and mileage claims (Once approved by another board member, currently Jean Hargreaves)
- Prepare and send all income tax receipts (Must have a different board member sign the receipts)
- Responsible for tracking and invoicing related to the Canine Ambassador Program
- Prepare financial statements for each board meeting (6 meetings per year) & year-end financial statements
- Annual CRA Charitable Return – Due no Later than June 30th following our Dec 31st year-end
- Annual Industry Canada Return
- Work with other team members to prepare and present yearly budgets
- Support funding request requirements when necessary
- Update CRA & Industry Canada with any changes to Directors
- Act as Sweet Charity contact for the Co-operators Insurance; special events insurance and any changes needed on either policy
- Update Chair of the Board when a donation is received for Thank-you notes to be sent
- Prepare CRA HST Rebate form calculation. Each form is prepared on a bi-yearly basis. We can go back 4 years to claim.
Latest posts by Patricia Dent (see all)
- Know anyone who could benefit by Grow Vantage? - March 22, 2019
- Save the date for the Annual Dinner! May 7th - March 22, 2019
- Would you like to be interviewed on video? (My gift to you). Put April 9th in your calendar - March 22, 2019