Attached is the video of presentation made by 8 speakers as an introduction to the collaborative effort to gain feedback from our participants.
A virtual Idea Exchange is a workshop to compile the experience and struggles of women in their working environments whether employees, self-employed or employers…). 500,000 women who are out of work as a result of the pandemic and 100,000 who are not even bothering to find work. Those who are working – whether as an employee, an employer or a business owner are facing huge economic, social, family and wellness issues. What can we do to make a difference?
We’d like to hear your experience and your ideas
Here is what happened:
- First we heard the experience and observations of people in different fields (see the list of speakers below)
- Then we teamed up in 3 breakout rooms to discuss and generate ideas to put forward as solutions, led by discussion leaders
- To do: We will compile those ideas after the event and add them to the observations that others will make online. Then we will make them available.
- Participants indicated they would like to continue the discussion – so stay tuned….
Here are the people who led the discussion
- Host: Patricia Dent (she/her), Ask For Directions Business Training, Grow Vantage, and Past President, Barrie Chamber of Commerce, https://www.linkedin.com/in/patriciadent/
- Rachel Berdan |she/her, Director, Social Innovation | Pillar Nonprofit Network, https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-berdan/
- Dave Hyde, Small Business Centre, Barrie: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davehyde/
- Karen Kessler: Next Level Leader, Triad Group HQ, https://www.linkedin.com/in/karenkessler/
- Paul Markle, Barrie Chamber: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulmarkle/
- Kristen Rayner, Three Thirds Financial, https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristenrayner1/
- Teena Sauve, Botree Inc., https://www.linkedin.com/in/teenapoolsauve/
- Lindsay Tsang, Lindsay Tsang & Associates; https://www.linkedin.com/company/lindsay-tsang-associates